Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Virgin Blog Post



I should have started this blog a long tine ago.  I always peruse blogs made my friends and colleagues and think to myself, “I should really create a blog.  I have lots to say and such cute kids.”  But, I would also think, “I am not that self-absorbed that I need a blog to share my random thoughts and show off my kids.”  However, I really should have admitted to myself that I was lazy.

First things first – why was it so difficult to pick a URL for this darn blog?  I tried everything – apparently there is another Amanda Kathleen in the world (who hasn’t blogged since 2005!) and a MotherOfTwo (who has no posts on the site) and an Amanda (who hasn’t blogged in 10 years!) and about ten other choices I put in before coming to MommaMandy.  I felt that MommaMandy sounds like an overweight madame.  So, now it is MandysPencil.  Ironic, because I do not really use a pencil to write any of this.  Will my kids even use a pencil when they enter college?  But, in the last 20 minutes I have grown to like MandysPencil... I think it is sorta cute.  However, I am still up for suggestions if you have a better idea!

So, here I am, starting a blog.  Get ready world - I have new-found free time, a bit of insomnia and lots to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment